All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionDebt-for-development exchanges are an important financing tool for development. They make debt relief more politically and practically attractive to dor countries and serve the development of recipient countries through the cancellation of external debt and the funding of important development projects. This book commences by chronicling the emergence of debt-for-development exchanges from their forebears, debt-equity exchanges, and analyzes why debt for development suffers from very few of the problems that plagued debt equity. The book analyzes the different types of debt-for-development exchanges and the different ways they have been used by all dor nations that have made use of them. The book then explores a range of critical perspectives on exchanges and concludes by considering a wide range of new and invative uses for the funds generated by exchanges.
- Author BiographyRoss P. Buckley is a Professor of Law at University of New South Wales, a Fellow of the Asian Institute of International Financial Law of the University of Hong Kong, and a Fellow of Australia21, a national research organization. He is the founding series editor of the Global Trade Law Series; series co-editor of the International Banking and Finance Law Series, and founding editor of the Overseas Law column in the Australian Law Journal. He has written or edited eight books, and authored more than 90 book chapters and articles.
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication25/04/2011
- SubjectLaw: General & Reference
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note19 b/w illus.
- Weight540 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Edited byRoss P. Buckley
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $12.99Trending at AU $19.18
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $72.99
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $33.42
- AU $28.11Trending at AU $30.32
- AU $36.82Trending at AU $37.88
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.28
- AU $14.43Trending at AU $22.77
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.