All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $34.26Trending at AU $43.84
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $113.43
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $83.68
- AU $13.33Trending at AU $16.97
- AU $17.72Trending at AU $19.69
- AU $16.67Trending at AU $22.32
- AU $16.95Trending at AU $23.31
About this product
- DescriptionEleven-year-old Isabelle hasn't spoken in nine months, and as December begins the situation is getting desperate. Her mother has stopped work to devote herself to her daughter's care. Four psychiatrists have already given up on her, and her school will t take her back in the New Year. Her parents are frantically trying to understand what has happened so they can help their child, but they cant escape the thought of darker possibilities. What if Isabelle is damaged beyond their reach? Will she never speak again? Is it their fault? As they spiral around Isabelle's impenetrable silence, she herself emerges as a bright young girl in need of help yet too terrified to ask for it. By the talented young author of FIREWORKS, this is a compelling, ultimately uplifting vel about a family in crisis, showing the delicate web that connects a husband and wife, parents and children, and how easily it can tear.
- Author BiographyElizabeth H. Winthrop was born and raised in New York City. She graduated from Harvard University in 2001 with a BA in English and American Literature and Language, and in 2004 she received her Master of Fine Arts in fiction from the University of California. FIREWORKS, her first novel, was published by Sceptre in 2006. She lives in Savannah, Georgia with her husband, who is a painter, and her St. Bernard, and is currently at work on a third novel.
- PrizesShortlisted for Galaxy British Book Awards: Richard and Judy's Best Read of the Year 2009.
- Author(s)Elizabeth H. Winthrop
- PublisherHodder & Stoughton General Division
- Date of Publication26/12/2008
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Weight262 g
- Width130 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine26 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.