Brand newLOWEST PRICE
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionArchitect Lee Morris has plans to restore the Stratton Park racecourse to itsformer grandeur. But the combative Stratton heirs have violent plans of theirown. Reissue.
- Author BiographyDick Francis (pictured with his son Felix Francis) was born in South Wales in 1920. He was a young rider of distinction winning awards and trophies at horse shows throughout the United Kingdom. At the outbreak of World War II he joined the Royal Air Force as a pilot, flying fighter and bomber aircraft including the Spitfire and Lancaster.He became one of the most successful postwar steeplechase jockeys, winning more than 350 races and riding for Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth, the Queen Mother. After his retirement from the saddle in 1957, he published an autobiography, The Sport of Queens, before going on to write more than forty acclaimed books, including the New York Times bestsellers Even Money and Silks. A three-time Edgar Award winner, he also received the prestigious Crime Writers' Association's Cartier Diamond Dagger, was named Grand Master by the Mystery Writers of America, and was awarded a CBE in the Queen's Birthday Honours List in 2000. He died in February 2010, at age eighty-nine, and remains among the greatest thriller writers of all time.
- Author(s)Dick Francis
- PublisherPenguin Putnam Inc
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPenguin USA
- Weight163 g
- Width108 mm
- Height172 mm
- Spine24 mm
- Format DetailsMass market (rack) paperback,Unsewn / adhesive bound
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $69.05Trending at AU $71.47
- AU $84.17Trending at AU $91.13
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $83.49
- AU $11.54Trending at AU $16.38
- AU $14.47Trending at AU $15.13
- AU $19.46Trending at AU $20.37
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.67
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.