All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $28.12Trending at AU $33.22
- AU $17.71Trending at AU $20.09
- AU $34.88Trending at AU $37.08
- AU $41.99Trending at AU $45.91
- AU $49.12Trending at AU $65.26
- AU $15.91Trending at AU $22.07
- AU $49.55Trending at AU $56.21
About this product
- DescriptionRecent military operations have demonstrated that even themost sophisticated twenty-first century techlogies do t enable commanders to be perfectly informed, act with certainty, prevent disorder, or avoid unforeseen situations. Therefore, military leaders must learn to elaborate and conduct actions while accepting uncertainty. In Deciding in the Dark, Major General Vincent Desportes gives military and civilian leaders essential keys for success in action. General Desportes believes that consistent victory relies on two basic principles: a belief in man and the flexibility of systems. He proposes that commanders be given an established freedom of action that allows them to take initiatives and adapt quickly to changing conditions during a mission. It is also critical that the military systems they work within are simple and flexible eugh to allow for easy adaptation to the changing environment. This book offers a universal approach of great interest to all who are involved in war, in whatever environment, and who are constantly confronted by the unexpected.
- Author BiographyMajor General Vincent Desportes is the head of the French Army's Doctrine Center for Forces Employment, France. General Bruno Cuche was chief of staff of the French Army.
- Author(s)Bruno Cuche,Vincent Desportes
- PublisherEconomica, Editions
- Date of Publication06/04/2009
- SubjectMilitary History
- Place of PublicationParis
- Country of PublicationFrance
- ImprintEconomica, Editions
- Weight272 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.