All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $17.06
- AU $20.15Trending at AU $23.77
- AU $30.78Trending at AU $34.76
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.89
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.12
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $99.23
- AU $28.58Trending at AU $36.36
About this product
- DescriptionA decision procedure is an algorithm that, given a decision problem, terminates with a correct yes/ answer. Here, the authors focus on theories that are expressive eugh to model real problems, but are still decidable. Specifically, the book concentrates on decision procedures for first-order theories that are commonly used in automated verification and reasoning, theorem-proving, compiler optimization and operations research. The techniques described in the book draw from fields such as graph theory and logic, and are routinely used in industry. The authors introduce the basic termilogy of satisfiability modulo theories and then, in separate chapters, study decision procedures for each of the following theories: propositional logic; equalities and uninterpreted functions; linear arithmetic; bit vectors; arrays; pointer logic; and quantified formulas.
- Author BiographyDaniel Kroening is a professor in the Dept. of Computer Science at the University of Oxford; his interests include automated verification, software engineering, and programming languages. Ofer Strichman is a professor in the faculty of industrial engineering and management at the Technion; his research interests include formal verification of software and hardware, and decision procedures for fragments of first-order logic.
- Author(s)Daniel Kroening,Ofer Strichman
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. KG
- Date of Publication27/01/2017
- SubjectComputing: Professional & Programming
- Series TitleTexts in Theoretical Computer Science: An EATCS Series
- Place of PublicationBerlin
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. K
- Content Note59 black & white illustrations, 5 colour illustrations, biography
- Weight730 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.