Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $75.40
- AU $65.90Trending at AU $72.27
- AU $64.90Trending at AU $71.21
- AU $93.88Trending at AU $107.51
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $104.10
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.46
- AU $55.80Trending at AU $57.00
About this product
- DescriptionIn recent years, much work has been done in formulating and clarifying the concept of sustainable development and related theoretical and research issues. Now, the challenge has shifted to designing and stimulating processes of effective planning and decision-making, at all levels of human activity, in such a way as to achieve local and global sustainable development. Information techlogy can help a great deal in achieving sustainable development by providing well-designed and useful tools for decision makers. One such tool is the decision support system, or DSS. This book explores the area of DSS in the context of sustainable development. As DSS is a very new technique, especially in the developing world, this book will serve as a reference text, primarily for managers, government officials, and information professionals in developing countries. It covers the concept of sustainable development, defines DSS and how it can be used in the planning and management of sustainable development, and examines the state of the art in DSS use. Other interested readers will include students, teachers, and analysts in information sciences; DSS designers, developers, and implementors; and international development agencies.
- Author BiographyGregory Kersten is Director of the Centre for Computer Assisted Management, School of Business, Carleton University, Ottawa, Canada. Zbigniew Mikolajuk is a program specialist in information technology for Canada's International Development Research Centre. Anthony Gar-On Yeh is Assistant Director of the Centre for Urban Planning and Environmental Management, University of Hong Kong.
- PublisherKluwer Academic Publishers
- Date of Publication01/09/1999
- SubjectManagement & Business: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintKluwer Academic Publishers
- Content Note53 black & white illustrations, biography
- Weight796 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Edited byAnthony Gar-on Yeh,Gregory E. Kersten,Z. Mikolajuk
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.