All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.89
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.37
- AU $71.21Trending at AU $75.12
- AU $31.51Trending at AU $37.08
- AU $25.61Trending at AU $28.39
- AU $9.83Trending at AU $14.06
About this product
- DescriptionUsing both his background in interpreting biblical research and his interest in word-puzzles, nationally kwn journalist John Dart decodes the Gospel of Mark , with explosive results that will shake the foundation of New Testament studies. Dart uses ancient, puzzle-like writing devices called chiasms, which are found throughout Mark , to reconstruct the original Gospel. By the presence or absence of these chiasms, he identifies sections of the Gospel that were added by a later editor, and he recovers passages from the Secret Gospel of Mark (a work discovered in 1958) that the pattern of chiasms indicates had been deleted from canical Mark . The results are stunning and certain to be controversial.
- Author BiographyNationally known journalist John Dart, news editor of Christian Century magazine and a religion writer at the Los Angeles Times for 30 years, has written extensively about New Testament research. His books include The Laughing Savior: The Discovery and Significance of the Nag Hammadi Gnostic Library; The Gospel of Thomas: Unearthing the Lost Words of Jesus, and Deities & Deadlines. Dart has won numerous reporting awards.
- Author(s)John Dart
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication01/04/2006
- SubjectChristianity: Bibles & Liturgy
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintContinuum International Publishing Group Ltd.
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight307 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition StatementNew edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.