All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $33.15Trending at AU $35.14
- AU $30.21Trending at AU $34.60
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $14.01
- AU $21.13Trending at AU $25.58
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.86
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $23.42
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $97.89
About this product
- DescriptionExistentialism; Urbanism; Aporia; Deontic; Tabula Rasa; Hyperspace; Heterotopia; Metareality; Structuralism...What does it all mean? The unique language used in architectural theory - both in speech and writing - can appear daunting and confusing, particularly to new architectural students. Decoding Theoryspeak provides an accessible guide to the specialized language of contemporary design for the next generation of thinkers, architects and design leaders. It includes: * definitions of over 200 terms * clear cross-references * illustrations throughout. It is an essential pocket-sized resource for students and practitioners alike.
- Author BiographyEnn Ots is a practicing architect and teacher with 40 years of theoryspeak experience. Since 1979 he has been an associate professor at the Florida A&M University School of Architecture while maintaining an architectural practice. He conducts design/build workshops, as well as teaching theory and undergraduate design studio. Prior to 1979, he was an architectural researcher and designer in Winnipeg and Toronto, Canada.
- Author(s)Enn Ots
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication17/09/2010
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note84 black & white halftones, 9 black & white line drawings
- Weight385 g
- Width138 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Format DetailsPaper over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.