All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $75.23
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.11
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $71.05
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $103.87
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.29
- AU $57.95Trending at AU $58.89
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $113.02
About this product
- DescriptionThe reactions evoked by images of and stories about Brad Pitt are many and wide-ranging: while one person might swoon or exclaim, ather rolls his eyes or groans. How a single figure provokes such strong, often opposing emotions is a puzzle, one elegantly explored and perhaps even solved by Deconstructing Brad Pitt. Co-editors Christopher Schaberg and Robert Bennett have shaped a book that is t simply a multifaceted analysis of Brad Pitt as an actor and as a celebrity, but which is also a personal inquiry into how we are drawn to, turned on, or otherwise piqued by Pitt's performances and personae. Written in accessible prose and culled from the expertise of scholars across different fields, Deconstructing Brad Pitt lingers on this iconic actor and elucidates his powerful influence on contemporary culture. The editors will be donating a portion of their royalties to Pitt's Make It Right foundation.
- Author BiographyChristopher Schaberg is Associate Professor of English at Loyola University New Orleans, USA, and author of The Textual Life of Airports: Reading the Culture of Flight (2013). Robert Bennett is Associate Professor of English at Montana State University-Bozeman, USA, and author of Deconstructing Post-WWII New York City: The Literature, Art, Jazz, and Architecture of an Emerging Global Capital (2003).
- PublisherContinuum Publishing Corporation
- Date of Publication20/11/2014
- SubjectCommunication & Media
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintContinuum Publishing Corporation
- Content Note45 illus
- Weight441 g
- Width127 mm
- Height197 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Edited byDr. Christopher Schaberg,Robert Bennett
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.