All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $11.82Trending at AU $16.44
- AU $26.95Trending at AU $27.34
- AU $69.00Trending at AU $71.18
- AU $31.38Trending at AU $33.52
- AU $2.99Trending at AU $5.65
- AU $12.62Trending at AU $13.98
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $31.28
About this product
- DescriptionFeaturing six pieces of pottery from around the world, this book explores different types of story; from Greek legend in Pablo Picasso's Pan plaque to Chinese legend in the Fo porcelain lion-dog. Each piece of pottery is looked at in detail, and a more general introduction to the medium provides a historical context. Step-by-step projects show children how to create their own ceramic masterpieces, using the techniques of the art form. Cast a plaque, make a Nasca pot or produce your own plate! The Stories in Art series explores the narratives told through different art mediums. A great introduction to the history of art for children at Key Stage 2.
- Author BiographyLouise Spilsbury is a prolific children's book author. She has written titles on almost every subject, from science and geography through to world affairs, social issues, art, history, and literacy. Louise is married to the author Richard Spilsbury and has two children. She lives and works in Devon.
- Author(s)Louise Spilsbury
- PublisherHachette Children's Group
- Date of Publication27/08/2015
- SubjectChildren's General Interest & Leisure
- Series TitleStories Behind the Art
- Series Part/Volume Number9
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintWayland (Publishers) Ltd
- Content NoteFull colour illustrations
- Weight162 g
- Width165 mm
- Height219 mm
- Spine3 mm
- Educational LevelUK School Key Stage 2
- Interest AgeFrom 7
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.