Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.37
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.79
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.04
- AU $46.34Trending at AU $48.02
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $83.85
- AU $20.00Trending at AU $28.27
- AU $31.65Trending at AU $34.22
About this product
- DescriptionBooks are amongst the most personal of gifts. The book we choose to give a loved one is informed by our intimate kwledge of their personal histories and their tastes. Often, when we gift books, we love to explain the meaning behind our present by writing an inscription within its pages. Ordinarily, we hope the gift and its message will be enjoyed, placed lovingly on its new owner's bookshelf and treasured forever. This is t always the case, though ...Wayne Gooderham is fascinated by second-hand books and curates a growing collection of those featuring intriguing inscriptions. The messages he finds range from the awkward scratchings of adolescent infatuation, to the resentful recriminations of a love affair gone sour and offer illuminating glimpses into their books' own secret histories. This beautifully presented book will feature the very best from Wayne's collection of dedications alongside the covers of the works in which they were found. From Lolita to Pride and Prejudice, there's something here to please every book lover's taste.
- Author BiographyW B Gooderham is a freelance writer, regularly reviewing books and contributing articles on literature to The Guardian and Time Out. He lives in London and is currently writing his debut novel.
- Author(s)W. B. Gooderham
- PublisherTransworld Publishers Ltd
- Date of Publication07/11/2013
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBantam Press
- Out-of-print date26/08/2015
- Weight383 g
- Width134 mm
- Height183 mm
- Spine18 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.