All listings for this product
Save on Other
- AU $32.62Trending at AU $43.29
- AU $6.01Trending at AU $7.33
- AU $15.33Trending at AU $20.63
About this product
- DescriptionExcerpt from Dedication of the Equestrian Statue of Major-General Charles Devens and of the Monument to the Soldiers of Worcester County in the War for the Union, July 4th, 1906 It was in the fall of 1891 that the first steps were taken in the movement to erect a statue in Worcester in hor of Gen. Charles Devens. The late Senator George F. Hoar was the originator of the movement; he called a meeting of gentlemen supposed to be interested, which was presided over by the late Josiah H. Clarke with Edwin Brown as secretary, and the following call was mailed to several prominent citizens: Worcester, Nov. 9, 1891. Dear Sir: You are respectfully invited to attend a meeting to take measures for erecting in Worcester a monument and statue to Gen. Devens to be held at the Worcester Club House on Elm Street, Friday, Nov. 13th, at half-past seven o'clock P.M. Josiah H. Clarke, Chairman, Edwin Brown, Secretary. At this meeting a committee of thirty-rive gentlemen was chosen to solicit subscriptions for the statue, and the following circular was prepared for distribution: To the present and former Citizens of Worcester and friends of the late General Charles Devens: About the Publisher Forgotten Books publishes hundreds of thousands of rare and classic books. Find more at www.forgottenbooks.com This book is a reproduction of an important historical work. Forgotten Books uses state-of-the-art techlogy to digitally reconstruct the work, preserving the original format whilst repairing imperfections present in the aged copy. In rare cases, an imperfection in the original, such as a blemish or missing page, may be replicated in our edition. We do, however, repair the vast majority of imperfections successfully; any imperfections that remain are intentionally left to preserve the state of such historical works.
- Author(s)Worcester County
- PublisherForgotten Books
- Date of Publication11/07/2015
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectEncyclopedias & General Reference
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintForgotten Books
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight82 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine3 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.