Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $75.20
- AU $65.90Trending at AU $72.08
- AU $64.90Trending at AU $71.02
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $103.83
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.26
- AU $57.95Trending at AU $58.87
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $112.98
About this product
- DescriptionThis is a comprehensive, yet practical guide for any physician interested in this life changing therapy for patients with Parkinson's disease, tremor, dystonia or obsessive-compulsive disorders. Written by experts in the field from different world rewned institutions, this book gives a unique and comprehensive insight into the universe of deep brain stimulation. Filled with tables and colored figures, this book covers all the aspects of deep brain stimulation, including a historical review, the underlying neurophysiologic mechanism of treatment, intra-operative details from the neurosurgical and the neurophysiologic standpoint, a review of the evidence supporting the use of deep brain stimulation for each disorder, algorithms for patient selection, programming strategies, as well as troubleshooting and prospective indications. It will be useful to residents and fellows, as well as neurologists and psychiatrists already managing or looking into managing the care of patients with deep brain stimulation.
- Author BiographyRaja Mehanna graduated at the top of his medical school, completed his neurology residency at Baylor College of Medicine in Houston where he stayed for a fellowship in movement disorders, followed by another fellowship in movement disorders with emphasis in deep brain stimulation at the Cleveland Clinic in Cleveland, Ohio. He is currently an Assistant Professor of Neurology at the University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston, Houston, Texas, where he is involved in medical care, education and research. He has received multiple teaching awards and authored many publications.
- PublisherNova Science Publishers Inc
- Date of Publication01/09/2015
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintNova Science Publishers Inc
- Weight684 g
- Width180 mm
- Height260 mm
- Edited byRaja Mehanna
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.