All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $30.87Trending at AU $31.45
- AU $74.23Trending at AU $76.09
- AU $35.53Trending at AU $38.80
- AU $31.33Trending at AU $37.29
- AU $10.39Trending at AU $15.38
- AU $37.61Trending at AU $38.56
- AU $26.33Trending at AU $51.27
About this product
- DescriptionOn a dense, foggy evening in July of 1956, the Italian cruise liner Andrea Doria, bound for New York, was struck broadside by ather cruiseship, killing 51 people. Although she w rests silently on the sandy bottom of the Atlantic, nearly a half-century later the Doria continues to take lives (twelve since 1981). Yet a small, fanatical group of scuba divers continues to challenge her, pushing themselves far beyond the limits of recreational divers, to the very limits of human endurance. In DEEP DESCENT, Kevin F. McMurray, author and veteran Doria diver, takes readers inside this elite club of men and women who dare to go deeper, farther and close to the edge than prudence of common sense might allow.
- Author BiographyKevin F. McMurray is an award-winning journalist and photographer whose work has appeared in The New York Times, New York magazine, Outside, Yankee, Men's Journal, The Sunday Times (London), Rock and Ice, Cigar Aficionado, and other publications. An avid outdoor adventurer, McMurray is an expert scuba diver and former world record holder for swimming around Manhattan. He lives in Brewster, New York, with his wife and two daughters.
- Author(s)Kevin F. McMurray
- PublisherAtria Books
- Date of Publication18/11/2002
- SubjectTrue Stories
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAtria Books
- Content Noteb-w photos throughout
- Weight306 g
- Width139 mm
- Height214 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.