All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe exclusive, official story of the survival, faith, and family of Chile's thirty-three trapped minersWhen the San Jose mine collapsed outside of Copiapo, Chile, in August 2010, it trapped thirty-three miners beneath thousands of feet of rock for a record-breaking sixty-nine days. Across the globe, we sat riveted to television and computer screens as journalists flocked to the Atacama desert. While we saw what transpired above ground during the grueling and protracted rescue, the story of the miners' experiences below the earth's surface and the lives that led them there hasn't been heard until w. In Deep Down Dark, a master work by a Pulitzer Prize winning journalist, Hector Tobar gains exclusive access to the miners and their stories. The result is a miraculous and emotionally textured account of the thirty-three men who came to think of the San Jose mine as a kind of coffin, as a cave inflicting constant and thundering aural torment, and as a church where they sought redemption through prayer while the world watched from above. It offers an understanding of the families and personal histories that brought los 33 to the mine, and the mystical and spiritual elements that surrounded working in such a dangerous place.
- Author BiographyHector Tobar is a Pulitzer Prize winning journalist and a novelist. He is the author of The Barbarian Nurseries, Translation Nation, and The Tattooed Soldier. The son of Guatemalan immigrants, he is a native of Los Angeles, where he lives with his wife and three children. Henry Leyva's audiobook credits include reading Colin Harrison's The Havana Room, Michael Palmer's Fatal, Lawrence Block's Killing Castro, and John Grisham's The Testament as well as works from popular authors such as Nicholas Sparks and Phyllis Naylor.
- Author(s)Hector Tobar
- PublisherMacMillan Audio
- Date of Publication07/10/2014
- SubjectRegional History
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMacMillan Audio
- Weight318 g
- Width130 mm
- Height150 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Read byHenry Leyva
- Contained items statement11 Audio CDs
- Format DetailsCD standard audio format
- Running Time810
Save on Audio Books
- AU $28.19Trending at AU $28.54
- AU $25.20Trending at AU $36.67
- AU $45.20Trending at AU $49.55
- AU $44.90Trending at AU $48.40
- AU $18.22Trending at AU $28.43
- AU $35.89Trending at AU $37.07
- AU $25.76Trending at AU $33.06
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.