Deep Justice in a Broken World: Helping Your Kids Serve Others and Right the Wrongs Around Them by Kara E. Powell, Chapman Clark (Paperback, 2007)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $28.59+ AU $10.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $19.44+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.77
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.78
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.10
- AU $35.12Trending at AU $54.44
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.00
- AU $29.91Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $35.62Trending at AU $37.37
About this product
- DescriptionIt doesn't take a long list of statistics to convince you that our world is broken. Mission trips, service projects, and supporting children through relief organizations are just a few of the ways that many youth workers engage their students in serving the least, the last, and the lost. As good and helpful as these things may be on the surface, that's where they remain--at the surface. The problems run far deeper than an occasional paint job or fundraising project can solve. But it's t hopeless. Deep social justice is possible in your youth ministry. Following their bestselling book, Deep Ministry in a Shallow World, Kara Powell and Chap Clark provide you with research and insights that will help your ministry get to the next level. In addition to helping you further understand the Deep Design method (introduced in their previous book), their practical Kingdom of God theology will help you go beyond simply trying to motivate your students to serve those in need, and invite your students (and maybe even your leaders) to wrestle with why those people are in need in the first place. You'll hear from well-kwn social justice leaders and youth workers who are making a difference in urban, suburban, and small town settings including: - Jim Wallis (Sojourners) - Tony Campolo (Eastern University) - Lina Thompson (World Vision/Vision Youth) - John Perkins (Christian Community Development Association) - Shane Claiborne (The Simple Way) - Larry Acosta (Urban Youth Workers Institute) - Rudy Carrasco (Harambee Christian Family Center) - Jeremy Del Rio (Community Solutions, Inc.) - Noel Castellas (Christian Community Development Association), and more In addition to expanding your personal justice commitments, Deep Justice in a Broken World will help you reflect with your own leadership team, and will provide you with online resources to take you even deeper into the journey. So go ahead, dig deeper into what it means to heal the broken world in which we live. Take your ministry deeper into social justice.</p>
- Author BiographyChap Clark has more than 20 years of experience in youth and family ministry and is currently a professor of youth, family and culture at Fuller Seminary in Pasadena, California. He also created and directs Fuller's Doctor of Ministry program in youth and family ministry. Chap is the co-author of Deep Ministry in a Shallow World, and was one of the editors for the YS book, Starting Right: Thinking Theologically about Youth Ministry. Chap Clark tiene mas de 20 anos de experiencia en ministerio juvenil y familiar, y es uno experto reconocido en el campo. Chap es el primer hombre de juvenil y familia a Fuller Seminary in Pasadena, el director de programas juveniles. Dr. Kara E. Powell serves as a faculty member and the executive director of the Center for Youth and Family Ministry at Fuller Theological Seminary. Kara's been involved in youth ministry for more than 20 years, and she currently volunteers at her church in Pasadena. She's the author and co-author of several Youth Specialties books, including, Deep Justice in a Broken World, Deep Ministry in a Shallow World, Help! I'm a Woman in Youth Ministry, Mirror, Mirror, and many more. Kara lives in Pasadena, CA, with her husband, Dave and their children, Nathan, Krista, and Jessica. Kara Eckmann Powell es directora ejecutiva del Centro para la familia y el ministerio juvenil del Seminario Teologico Fuller. Ha sido pastora de jovenes por 15 anos y es una oradora popular en temas de pastoral juvenil en Estados Unidos.
- Author(s)Chapman Clark,Kara E. Powell
- Date of Publication07/12/2007
- SubjectChristianity: General
- Place of PublicationGrand Rapids
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published2007
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight345 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Interest AgeFrom 18 To 99
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.