All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWritten by three experts in the field, Deep Learning is the only comprehensive book on the subject. -- Elon Musk, cochair of OpenAI; cofounder and CEO of Tesla and SpaceX Deep learning is a form of machine learning that enables computers to learn from experience and understand the world in terms of a hierarchy of concepts. Because the computer gathers kwledge from experience, there is need for a human computer operator to formally specify all the kwledge that the computer needs. The hierarchy of concepts allows the computer to learn complicated concepts by building them out of simpler ones; a graph of these hierarchies would be many layers deep. This book introduces a broad range of topics in deep learning. The text offers mathematical and conceptual background, covering relevant concepts in linear algebra, probability theory and information theory, numerical computation, and machine learning. It describes deep learning techniques used by practitioners in industry, including deep feedforward networks, regularization, optimization algorithms, convolutional networks, sequence modeling, and practical methodology; and it surveys such applications as natural language processing, speech recognition, computer vision, online recommendation systems, bioinformatics, and videogames. Finally, the book offers research perspectives, covering such theoretical topics as linear factor models, autoencoders, representation learning, structured probabilistic models, Monte Carlo methods, the partition function, approximate inference, and deep generative models. Deep Learning can be used by undergraduate or graduate students planning careers in either industry or research, and by software engineers who want to begin using deep learning in their products or platforms. A website offers supplementary material for both readers and instructors.
- Author BiographyIan Goodfellow is Research Scientist at OpenAI. Yoshua Bengio is Professor of Computer Science at the Universite de Montreal. Aaron Courville is Assistant Professor of Computer Science at the Universite de Montreal.
- Author(s)Yoshua Bengio
- PublisherMIT Press Ltd
- Date of Publication03/01/2017
- SubjectComputing: Professional & Programming
- Series TitleAdaptive Computation and Machine Learning Series
- Place of PublicationCambridge, Mass.
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMIT Press
- Content Note66 color illus., 100 b&w illus.
- Weight1270 g
- Width178 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Interest AgeFrom 18
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.51Trending at AU $57.15
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $71.29
- AU $32.44Trending at AU $38.14
- AU $53.34Trending at AU $59.06
- AU $28.48Trending at AU $29.55
- AU $45.07Trending at AU $52.06
- AU $33.00Trending at AU $35.68
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.