Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.53Trending at AU $73.95
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.33
- AU $92.88Trending at AU $103.09
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.00
- AU $31.65Trending at AU $34.21
- AU $57.63Trending at AU $60.65
- AU $15.95Trending at AU $24.61
About this product
- DescriptionIn this sensitive look at healing, J. Ellen Nunnally explores the dimensions of human suffering and the redemptive power of prayer. Deep Peace examines several facets of healing through the prism of different faith traditions. Nunnally includes a variety of exercises which allow readers to access the deep peace within. As twenty-first century Christians, we're called to practice peace and make peace in a world far from healing. We can do this through reverence for life, through generousity and good health, through acts of forgiveness and reconciliation. None of this is easy; it all takes practice and time. But if we begin these practices, then we'll start to heal from past hurts and grievances, from all harmful things. If we begin to heal, then others around us will begin to heal and find peace themselves.
- Author BiographyJ. ELLEN NUNNALLY is an Episcopal priest in the Diocese of Washington, D. C., and an English professor in Ohio and Virginia. Her publications include Foremothers: Women of the Bible, short stories, and poetry, and she is a recipient of an Ohio Arts Council Award for fiction writing. She lives in Ohio with her animals and family, and is an Associate of the Order of St. Helena.
- Author(s)Ellen J. Nunnally
- PublisherCowley Publications,U.S.
- Date of Publication25/07/2003
- SubjectChristian Personal Testimonies
- Place of PublicationBoston
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCowley Publications,U.S.
- Weight213 g
- Width175 mm
- Height215 mm
- Spine9 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.