All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFrom its roots in Cajun and Creole to the barbecue and smoking techniques of rural communities, Deep South showcases southern cooking as a cuisine that deserves to be heralded alongside that of Italy, France and Japan.Chef Brad McDonald runs the Lockhart and Shotgun restaurants in London and is the foremost authority on the food of his homeland, Mississippi. Brad's food is modern, seasonal American cooking. Contemporary and invative, with classics including Jambalaya, Cornbread with Honey Butter, Tomato Pie, Pimiento Cheese, and Lemon Icebox Pie, this is comfort food given an urban edge - a neat spin on soul food classics.Brad's recipes cover southern US staples done properly, showing off American food's culinary heritage. And with insights into the meaning of 'Southernness', the importance of community and hospitality, Southern parties and the effect of the hot climate on the dishes of the region, Deep South provides a glimpse into a unique way of life - and a new take on a style of cooking that has been so influential and yet remained relatively unchanged for generations.
- Author BiographyBorn in rural Mississippi, chef Brad McDonald grew up cooking game with his father and baking with his mother. Having worked under the acclaimed chef John Currence in his university town of Oxford, Mississippi, Brad went on to cook at Alain Ducasse, Per Se and Noma. In 2012 his first restaurant, Governor, in Brooklyn, New York, was destroyed by Hurricane Sandy. Brad came to London with his family soon afterwards and re-launched The Lockhart in London's Marylebone in early 2014, where his contemporary take on southern American cooking made him the toast of the town. Brad has appeared on BBC TV's Saturday Kitchen. In October 2015 he launched his second restaurant, Shotgun, in Soho, which focuses on authentic southern barbecue and smoking.
- Author(s)Brad McDonald
- PublisherQuadrille Publishing Ltd
- Date of Publication02/06/2016
- SubjectNational & Regional Cuisine
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintQuadrille Publishing Ltd
- Content NoteColour photography throughout
- Weight1225 g
- Width201 mm
- Height253 mm
- Spine33 mm
Best-selling in Cook Books
Save on Cook Books
- AU $13.00Trending at AU $15.62
- AU $37.35Trending at AU $39.83
- AU $21.55Trending at AU $22.91
- AU $17.27Trending at AU $27.17
- AU $24.75Trending at AU $31.40
- AU $34.50Trending at AU $39.91
- AU $44.64Trending at AU $46.74
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.