All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionCommunity shapes our identity, quenches our thirst for belonging, and bolsters our physical, mental, emotional, and ecomic health. But in the chaos of modern life, community ties have become unravelled, leaving many feeling afraid or alone in the crowd, grasping at shallow substitutes for true community. In this thoughtful and moving book, Paul Born describes the four pillars of deep community: sharing our stories, taking the time to enjoy one ather, taking care of one ather, and working together for a better world. To show the role each of these plays, he shares his own stories as a child of refugees and as a long time community activist. It's up to us to create community. Born shows that the opportunity is right in front of us if we have the courage and conviction to pursue it.
- Author BiographyPaul Born is the co-founder and President of Tamarack - An Institute for Community Engagement, a global leader on issues of place, collective impact, and community innovation. The author of four books, including the Canadian bestseller Community Conversations, Born is internationally recognized for his community-building activities that have won awards from the United Nations and as a senior fellow of Ashoka, the world's largest network of social innovators.
- Author(s)Paul Born
- Date of Publication01/04/2014
- SubjectManagement Techniques: Professional
- Series TitleAgency/Distributed
- Place of PublicationSan Francisco
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Weight266 g
- Width55 mm
- Height85 mm
- Spine5 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $72.68
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $98.73
- AU $36.78Trending at AU $37.91
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.33
- AU $33.32Trending at AU $36.03
- AU $18.16Trending at AU $21.03
- AU $25.01Trending at AU $27.16
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.