All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe pistol appeared in his hand the way a dove appears in the hand of a good magician, as if it materialized out of thin air. You think I won't do it right here in the open. But you'd be surprised. . . . You'll drop before you get the breath to scream. The truck driver is decked out like a rhinestone cowboy, only instead of a guitar he's slinging a gun--and Odd Thomas is on the wrong end of the barrel. Though he narrowly dodges a bullet, Odd can't outrun the shocking vision burned into his mind . . . or the destiny that will drive him into a harrowing showdown with absolute evil. DEEPLY ODD How do you make sure a crime that hasn't happened yet, never does? That's the critical question facing Odd Thomas, the young man with a unique ability to commune with restless spirits and help them find justice and peace. But this time, it's the living who desperately need Odd on their side. Three helpless incents will be brutally executed unless Odd can intervene in time. Who the potential victims are and where they can be found remain a mystery. The only thing Odd kws for sure is who the killer will be: the homicidal stranger who tried to shoot him dead in a small-town parking lot. With the ghost of Alfred Hitchcock riding shotgun and a network of unlikely allies providing help along the way, Odd embarks on an interstate game of cat and mouse with his sinister quarry. He will soon learn that his adversary possesses abilities that may surpass his own and operates in service to infinitely more formidable foes, with murder a mere prelude to much deeper designs. Traveling across a landscape haunted by portents of impending catastrophe, Odd will do what he must and go where his path leads him, drawing ever closer to the dark heart of his long journey--and, perhaps, to the bright light beyond. ACCLAIM FOR DEAN KOONTZ AND HIS ODD THOMAS NOVELS Koontz gives his character wit, good humor, a familiarity with the dark side of humanity--and moral outrage. --USA Today This is Koontz working at his pinnacle, providing terrific entertainment that deals seriously with some of the deepest themes of human existence: the nature of evil, the grip of fate and the power of love. -- Publishers Weekly (starred review) Supernatural thrills with a side of laughs. --The Denver Post The nice young fry cook with the occult powers is Koontz's most likable creation . . . candid, upright, amusing and sometimes withering. --The New York Times From the Hardcover edition.
- Author BiographyDean Koontz, the author of many #1 New York Times bestsellers, lives in Southern California with his wife, Gerda, their golden retriever, Anna, and the enduring spirit of their golden, Trixie.
- Author(s)Dean R Koontz
- PublisherThorndike Press
- Date of Publication05/06/2013
- SubjectHorror & Ghost Stories
- Series TitleOdd Thomas Novels
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintThorndike Press
- Weight522 g
- Width145 mm
- Height218 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards
- Edition Statementlarge type edition
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $54.47Trending at AU $58.01
- AU $161.21Trending at AU $169.35
- AU $73.74Trending at AU $86.48
- AU $57.00Trending at AU $70.06
- AU $65.85Trending at AU $79.24
- AU $11.89Trending at AU $18.45
- AU $12.91Trending at AU $16.90
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.