All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $23.46
- AU $30.21Trending at AU $34.66
- AU $7.99Trending at AU $14.03
- AU $21.13Trending at AU $25.62
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.98
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $98.05
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $14.03
About this product
- DescriptionGraffiti myths, facts and solutions. That's what you will find in Zsako's second edition of DEFACING AMERICA. The book was recognized for elevating the national conversation about graffiti vandalism at the 2103 international graffiti conference hosted by the City of San Francisco. Some call it entertaining, others find it informative and all appreciate the effort spent to make the book concise, factual and filled with real life examples.
- Author BiographyJulius Zsako first noticed and removed graffiti scrawled on buildings adjacent to Cleveland's rapid transit right-of-way. He worked for eleven years with a civic group that sought to enhance the economic development potential of Cleveland, Ohio by beautifying property adjacent to major thoroughfares and along the rapid transit corridor. This involved building community partnerships in order to establish murals, plant ten-thousand trees and shrubs and remove thousands of tons of illegally discarded waste. Zsako then led graffiti prevention and removal efforts for Keep Denver Beautiful, and later supervised property maintenance and zoning code enforcement for the City of Denver. He organized national graffiti conferences to explore solutions to graffiti vandalism, and gained the adoption of legislation that limited the access of graffiti tools to children, and established minimum penalties for vandalism. Zsako has observed graffiti in urban and rural locations throughout the United States. He traveled extensively in Europe and into Asia where he was struck by the similarities of all modern day graffiti. Zsako earned a Master of Science in Urban Studies from Cleveland State University.
- Author(s)MR Julius Zsako
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication01/12/2011
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectTrue Crime
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight91 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine5 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.