All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.53Trending at AU $73.95
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.33
- AU $92.88Trending at AU $103.09
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.00
- AU $41.64Trending at AU $44.80
- AU $46.32Trending at AU $48.00
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $83.82
About this product
- DescriptionAn International Symposium on Defects and Fracture was held in Tucz, Poland, 13-17 October 1980 under the sponsorship of the Polish Academy of Sci- ences and Institute of Fracture and Solid Mechanics, Lehigh University. Profes- sor H. Zorski of the Academy and Professor G. C. Sih of Lehigh University were Co-Chairmen. The idea for the Symposium was initiated by the members of the Organizing Committee: G. C. Sih (Co-Chairman), H. Zorski (Co-Chairman), M. Matczynski (Secretary), D. R. Axelrad, R. Bullough, J. W. Provan and R. deWit. With the rapid development of high performance materials and their increasing use in vital structural applications, there is a need for a more in-depth under- standing of the fundamentals associated with material behavior and failure. Al- though this topic encompasses a wide range of disciplines, it is appropriate to narrow the discussion to material failures initiating from inherent, unavoidable defects or cracks. A balanced coverage of analysis and physics was achieved by inviting speakers with backgrounds in applied mechanics and solid state physics. The input was limited to a small group of specialists who had the opportunity to discuss t only past progress but also ideas for future research.
- Date of Publication14/03/2012
- Place of PublicationDordrecht
- Country of PublicationNetherlands
- Content Notebiography
- Weight456 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Edited byGeorge C. Sih,H. Zorski
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 1982
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.