All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $75.40
- AU $65.90Trending at AU $72.27
- AU $64.90Trending at AU $71.26
- AU $93.88Trending at AU $107.07
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $104.10
- AU $75.99Trending at AU $79.99
- AU $55.80Trending at AU $56.95
About this product
- DescriptionDefending the Nation is a cultural history of science and engineering (S&E) policymaking in the United States from World War II to the post 9/11 era. With thorough analysis of S&E policy, this book argues that powerful individuals and social groups have significantly influenced the education and training of scientists and engineers. This book provides policymakers, scientists, engineers, and educators with a deeper kwledge on which to build their reform agendas for the future.
- Author BiographyJuan C. Lucena is Associate Professor in the Division of Liberal Arts and International Studies at the Colorado School of Mines. Dr. Lucena holds a Ph.D. in Science and Technology Studies from Virginia Tech and two engineering degrees from Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute. In 2005, Dr. Lucena was awarded a Boeing Senior Fellowship in Engineering Education at the National Academy of Engineering.
- Author(s)Juan C. Lucena
- PublisherUniversity Press of America
- Date of Publication07/07/2005
- SubjectScience & Mathematics: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationLanham, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity Press of America
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight295 g
- Width169 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine15 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.