Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.57
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.97
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.24
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $91.09
- AU $46.36Trending at AU $48.13
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.05
- AU $20.00Trending at AU $28.33
About this product
- DescriptionDr McArthur a Diplomate Clinical Psychologist with 34 years in private practice, and three-time author with five star reviews, helps readers recover from lifes inevitable kckdowns such as natural disaster, financial crises, illness, or loss of a loved one. The reader can accompany this deeply caring therapist, through counselling dialogues, walks in nature and her inner thoughts as she describes 66 defining moments to help readers live life deeply and fully. Examples and solutions are provided about taking care on oneself, relating to others, and parenting children. Dr McArthur emphasises integrity, honesty and ethical behaviour as a means of building depth-of-character, self-esteem and inner richness for making a difference with a successful life. This author also presents effective ways to examine unresolved childhood issues that may be causing anger, anxiety, or depression by looking at each persons unique life story to discover childhood survival skills needed to handle childhood adversity. These skills are then altered to successfully accommodate both present and future goals. Dr McArthur demonstrates ways in which time in nature and with pets can be a wise guide, leading the reader to kind, natural solutions for depression, insomnia, and loneliness. There are also special sections about being an impacting creative artist in a struggling world. Finally there are some simple effective ways each one of us can all contribute to reducing destructive aggression by replacing it with kindness and hope.
- Author BiographyDr. Dorothea McArthur, PhD, ABPP is a diplomate clinical psychologist who has been seeing clients within a clinic setting for seven years as the head of Adult Services and Training Programs, Verdugo Mental Health Center, Glendale, California. She has also served two terms on the board of the American Board of Professional Psychology (ABPP). She has maintained a private psychotherapy practice for the last thirty-three years. She is a wife, mother, grandmother, artist (drawing, sculpture, choral singing), and author of four other books. She has co-authored the published Roberts Apperception Test for Children (RATC); and authored the published Birth of a Self in Adulthood, about the borderline patient. Tomorrow's Child, about children rights, and Love Beyond Love, about adoption, are nearing completion for publication.
- Author(s)Dorothea S. McArthur
- PublisherCove Press U.S.
- Date of Publication06/07/2012
- SubjectPopular Psychology
- Place of PublicationLos Angeles
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCove Press U.S.
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight522 g
- Width155 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine23 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.