Save on Audio Books
- AU $28.19Trending at AU $28.47
- AU $25.20Trending at AU $36.59
- AU $45.43Trending at AU $49.44
- AU $44.90Trending at AU $48.29
- AU $18.22Trending at AU $28.36
- AU $35.89Trending at AU $36.98
- AU $25.76Trending at AU $32.99
About this product
- DescriptionThe third edition of this book is the culmination of a 25 year project aimed at conceptualizing music therapy in a critically inclusive and integrative way. To be critically inclusive, the definition must provide an umbrella that embraces all professional practices and concepts that have been deemed viable in the refereed literature, while also excluding those concepts and practices: that do t rely on music; that occur outside of a professional therapist-client relationship; and that are t concerned with addressing the client's health. To be integrative, the definition must offer myriad options for using music to address the client's health concerns-as indicated by client need rather than therapist orientation.The resulting definition is a working and provisional one, based on over 100 existing definitions. It has been co-constructed by the author (who is situated in American music therapy), experienced colleagues, and authors and associations around the world who have crafted their own definition of music therapy. Its relevance is clearly situated with Western cultures that use the English language for scholarly purposes.
- Author(s)Kenneth E. Bruscia
- PublisherBarcelona Publishers
- Date of Publication30/07/2014
- SubjectUnclassifiable: Child or adult
- Place of PublicationGilsum, NH
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBarcelona Publishers
- Weight703 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine581 mm
- Edition Statement3rd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.