Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $3.76Trending at AU $7.39
- AU $27.81Trending at AU $30.93
- AU $19.24Trending at AU $26.96
- AU $28.03Trending at AU $32.03
- AU $71.17Trending at AU $80.06
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $15.78
- AU $25.16Trending at AU $27.13
About this product
- DescriptionThe United States today governs eight populated entities--American Samoa, Guam, Northern Mariana Islands, Palau, Federated States of Micronesia and the Marshall Islands in the Pacific and Puerto Rico and the Virgin Islands in the Atlantic--with a total population of 3.68 million people. This is the first book to analyze the legal and political issues with respect to the U.S. territories, Commonwealths and Freely Associated States. Defining Status has been cited as an authoritative reference by the U.S. Supreme Court and the U.S. Congress. The author analyzes the possibility of statehood for Guam ad the Virgin Islands, and explores the bounds of the Commonwealths and Freely Associated States. He discusses these status alternatives against the backdrop of the political, ecomic, geographic and cultural uniqueness of each territory so that the reader unfamiliar with the particular territory may enter into the status discussion with sufficient kwledge of each territory. Long w out of print, the book is w being made available once more. The book sets out the entire original book, including its lengthy bibliography.
- Author BiographyArnold Leibowitz has written extensively about the territories, Commonwealth, and Freely Associated States of the United States, and has represented almost all of them before the Federal government since 1964 when he was General Counsel of the U.S.-P.R. Commission on the Status of Puerto Rico. He was counsel to the Guam and Virgin Islands Constitutional Commission and Commission on Self-Determination and to the Virgin Islands Commission on Status, and has represented the governments of Guam, American Samoa and the Republic of Palau.
- Author(s)Arnold H Leibowitz
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication06/03/2014
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectGovernment & Constitution
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight1288 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine38 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.