All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.40
- AU $166.94Trending at AU $170.82
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $118.00
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $109.01
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $107.40
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $52.58
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.95
About this product
- DescriptionThe nine extensive essays of this volume are by specialists on South Asia whose research focus includes the extremely complicated problematics of the linguistic situation there. It is devoted to the broadly understood problem of defining Hindi as well as indicating the different ranges of its use. The authors of the included texts come from Europe, the USA and India, and grapple with questions such as what Hindi is, how it functions in the social, political and cultural dimensions of present-day India, and how it is being used by authorities and various influential actors at different levels of Indian reality. The volume should be important and useful for all those who are interested in Hindi, its official and n-official status, and in Indian linguistic policy and politics generally.
- Author BiographyAgnieszka Kuczkiewicz-Fras obtained her doctorate and habilitation degrees in linguistics from the Jagiellonian University in Krakow (Poland). She has published several books and articles on various topics related to Hindi-Urdu linguistics, South-Asian sociolinguistics and Indo-Islamic traditions as well as numerous translations from Hindi and Urdu into Polish.
- PublisherPeter Lang AG
- Date of Publication20/08/2014
- SubjectLiterary Criticism
- Series TitleStudies in Oriental Culture and Literature
- Series Part/Volume Number1
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- First Published2014
- ImprintPeter Lang AG
- Weight370 g
- Width148 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine0 mm
- Edited byAgnieszka Kuczkiewicz-Fras
- Edition Statement1st New edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.