All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionDefining the Wind is a wonderfully written account of one man s crusade to learn about what the wind is made of by tracing the history of the Beaufort Scale and its eccentric creator, Sir Francis Beaufort. It s as much about the language we use to describe our world as it is an exhortation to observe it more closely.
- Author BiographyScott Huler is the author of On Being Brown and A Little Bit Sideways: One Week Inside a NASCAR Winston Cup Race Team. His work is heard regularly on National Public Radio. He lives in Raleigh, North Carolina.
- Author(s)Huler Scott
- PublisherRandom House USA Inc
- Date of Publication01/07/2005
- SubjectScience & Mathematics: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCrown Publications
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight363 g
- Width132 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine20 mm
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $115.99Trending at AU $139.68
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $73.00
- AU $68.62Trending at AU $90.31
- AU $32.92Trending at AU $34.88
- AU $37.74Trending at AU $39.42
- AU $17.48Trending at AU $19.81
- AU $16.92Trending at AU $22.15
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.