All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.33Trending at AU $49.44
- AU $77.99Trending at AU $116.29
- AU $70.29Trending at AU $77.15
- AU $73.79Trending at AU $76.54
- AU $35.45Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.56
- AU $40.75Trending at AU $42.35
About this product
- DescriptionWritten to encourage defensive action, Defying Dementia is a guide to understanding and preventing dementia in all its forms. For readers interested in learning about dementia and the measures that can be taken to avert its onslaught, it is also for caregivers and family members of impaired patients struggling to figure out how best to meet their loved one's needs. In clear and accessible language, Levine explains the various types of dementia, its increasing incidence, current treatments, and new approaches on the horizon. Advocating a healthy lifestyle to prevent the onset of dementia, he offers methods that help people of all ages incorporate healthy living habits into their daily lives. Stories of real people struggling with dementia illustrate how its various forms can be recognized and addressed.
- Author BiographyRobert Levine, M.D., is former chief of neurology at Norwalk Hospital in Connecticut and retired clinical professor at Yale University. He has authored two other books, Aging With Attitude and Shock Therapy For The American Health Care System.
- Author(s)Robert Levine
- PublisherRowman & Littlefield
- Date of Publication16/08/2010
- SubjectPsychology: Professional & General
- Place of PublicationLanham, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRowman & Littlefield Publishers
- Weight390 g
- Width154 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.