All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn Degeneration And Revolution: Radical Cultural Politics and the Body in Weimar Germany Robert Heynen explores the impact of conceptions of degeneration - exemplified by eugenics and social hygiene - on the social, cultural and political history of the left in Germany, 1914-33. Demonstrably, hygienic practices of bodily regulation were integral to the extension of modern capitalist social relations, and profoundly shaped Weimar culture.
- Author Biography<b>Robert Heynen</b> teaches in Communication Studies at York University. He has published numerous articles on Weimar culture, socialist history, and surveillance, including in New Formations and Canadian Journal of Communication.
- Author(s)Robert Heynen
- PublisherHaymarket Books
- Date of Publication16/06/2016
- SubjectRegional History
- Series TitleHistorical Materialism
- Series Part/Volume Number93
- Place of PublicationChicago
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHaymarket Books
- Weight928 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine38 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.65
- AU $3.73Trending at AU $7.41
- AU $27.04Trending at AU $31.41
- AU $70.90Trending at AU $78.37
- AU $19.24Trending at AU $24.20
- AU $22.60Trending at AU $23.15
- AU $36.89Trending at AU $46.18
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.