Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $71.29
- AU $32.44Trending at AU $38.14
- AU $45.07Trending at AU $52.06
- AU $33.00Trending at AU $35.68
- AU $21.88Trending at AU $34.44
- AU $30.12Trending at AU $32.49
- AU $20.37Trending at AU $22.08
About this product
- DescriptionThis book provides a comprehenisve survey of the degradation and stabilisation processes specific to aromatic polyesters, including thermal, thermo-oxidative, chemical, light and radiation degradation and stabilisation. Current kwledge of all these aspects is discussed and analysed, and some suggestions made as to further studies which might advance the subject. Materials covered include well-kwn polyesters such as poly(ethylene terephthalate) and poly(butylene terephthalate), through the less well-kwn poly(alkylene naphthalate)s and liquid crystalline polyesters, to new substances such as poly(trimethylene terephthalate). Also covered are the various means of chemically recycling aromatic polyesters into their starting materials and/or other useful chemical feedstock, including current research into improvements in chemistry and ecomics of such processes, and information on commercial enterprises carrying out such recycling. With over 1000 references to papers and patents, this book provides both a highly detailed source of information on the degradation and stabilisation of aromatic polyesters in itself, and a useful starting point for further study of this topic both by academic and industrial workers in this field. Those researching or manufacturing aromatic polyester formulations for use in fibres, films, packaging, automotive applications and engineering applications will find much to interest them here. A companion volume on the degradation and stabilisation of aliphatic polyesters, with coverage including degradable materials and polyesters manufactured from renewable resources, is currently in preparation.
- Author(s)Stuart F Fairgrieve
- PublisherSmithers Rapra Technology
- Date of Publication16/08/2009
- SubjectEngineering & Technology: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationShrewsbury
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintRapra Technology Ltd
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight571 g
- Width234 mm
- Height156 mm
- Spine17 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.