Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.40
- AU $166.94Trending at AU $170.82
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $118.00
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $109.01
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $107.40
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $52.58
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.95
About this product
- DescriptionA popularly-written study of the biblical roots of the Eastern Orthodox Church's mystical understanding of the kwledge of God. This unique study brings together the best of contemporary exegesis with the tradition of Eastern Christianity and illustrates the biblical roots of the Eastern Church's understanding of grace as the energy of God. The book presents, in lay terms, the shape for an Orthodox biblical theology for the 21st century and will be of interest to all Christians for whom the Bible is divine revelation and for whom tradition continues to be creative.
- Author BiographyStephen Thomas recently retired from a long career in academic theology. His last position was that of Senior Lecturer in Christian Theology, Canterbury Christ Church University, from which he retired in 2000. He holds degrees from Oxford and London Universities and has a doctorate from Durham University. His book, Newman and Heresy, was published by Cambridge University Press in 2001. He has also written numerous articles on the relationship of theology to philosophy and on conscious Orthodox thought. He is an Orthodox Christian.
- Author(s)Stephen Thomas
- PublisherGorgias Press
- Date of Publication27/06/2007
- SubjectChristian History & Denominations
- Place of PublicationPiscataway
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGorgias Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight501 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.