All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe image of Eugene Delacroix as an august artist with an august oeuvre was initially frozen into place by posthumous tributes and it has continued to the present. He was one of the finest yet least understood painters of the nineteenth century, the golden age of the French Romantic movement. He is remembered best for his masterpiece, La Liberte guidant le people, but few of his works have received the kind of constant, fascinated revisiting that has sealed the iconic status of Theodore Gericault's Le Radeau de la Meduse, for example. This book is one of the first to look carefully at individual paintings by Delacroix, especially at one of his most important works - a key but often overlooked painting from early Romanticism's heyday, Scene des massacres de Scio.
- Author BiographyMargaret MacNamidhe is an art historian, specialising in the paintings of Eugene Delacroix. She is Lecturer in Art History at the University of Chicago and Visiting Lecturer at Williams College, Massachusetts. She gained her Ph.D. from the History of Art department at Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore.
- Author(s)Margaret MacNamidhe
- PublisherI.B.Tauris & Co Ltd.
- Date of Publication30/06/2015
- SubjectFine Arts / Art History
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note63 colour integrated
- Weight454 g
- Width235 mm
- Height280 mm
- Spine17 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.88
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $71.15
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $15.66
- AU $15.52Trending at AU $23.21
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.08
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $99.20
- AU $30.32Trending at AU $31.91
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.