Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.95Trending at AU $73.98
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.37
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.79
- AU $92.88Trending at AU $103.13
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.04
- AU $41.64Trending at AU $44.80
- AU $46.34Trending at AU $48.02
About this product
- DescriptionA photodocumentary of a young man's return to Eastern Siberia following the death of his father.
- Author BiographyBorn in 1974 in a rural community near Vladivostok, Yury Toroptsov left his native Russia in 1998 to study at the New School for Social Research in New York after having won a prestigious scholarship. Nourished by his Far-Eastern origins, American travels and the current residence in Europe, Yury Toroptsov keeps at the core of his work what constitutes a common denominator for those distant cultures: people and their identity and the permanence of myths. Memories, metamorphosis, profane and sacred are the recurring themes in his photographs.Toroptsov's photographs have been featured in numerous personal and group shows including at the Maison Europeenne de la Photographie in Paris (2008), Paris Photo (2008), Moscow House of Photography (2013). In 2014 he won the appointment of the Arch'Isle International Photographer in Residence in Jersey (British Channel Island). Lives and works in Paris. Claude d'Anthenaise is Chief Curator of the french Museum of Hunting and Nature in Paris, France.
- PublisherKehrer Verlag
- Date of Publication22/10/2015
- Place of PublicationHeidelberg
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintKehrer Verlag
- Content Note39
- Weight773 g
- Width320 mm
- Height242 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Photographer(s)Yury Toroptsov
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.