All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $79.02
- AU $69.30Trending at AU $126.46
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $9.55
- AU $16.68Trending at AU $22.22
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.31
- AU $40.00Trending at AU $40.55
- AU $36.19Trending at AU $37.61
About this product
- DescriptionIn Deleuze and Art Anne Sauvagnargues, one of the world's most rewned Deleuze scholars, offers a unique insight into the constitutive role played by art in the formation of Deleuze's thought. By reproducing Deleuze's social and intellectual references, Sauvagnargues is able to construct a precise map of the totality of Deleuze's work, pinpointing where key Deleuzian concepts first emerge and eventually disappear. This invative methodology, which Sauvagnargues calls periodization , provides a systematic historiography of Deleuze's philosophy that remains faithful to his affirmation of the principle of exteriority. By analyzing the external relations between Deleuze's self-proclaimed three philosophical periods, Sauvagnargues gives the reader an inside look into the conceptual and artistic landscape that surrounded Deleuze and the creation of his philosophy. With extreme clarity and precision, Sauvagnargues provides an important glimpse into Deleuze's philosophy by reconstructing the social and intellectual contexts that contributed to the trajectory of his thought. This book is the product of insightful and careful research, which has t been made available to English readers of Deleuze before w.
- Author BiographyAnne Sauvagnargues is Professor of Philosophy at the University of Paris, Nanterre, France, and specializes in the philosophy of Gilles Deleuze. She co-directs the collection Lignes d'art with Fabienne Brugere for Presses Universitaires de France, and in 2008 she published a book on Deleuze's philosophy entitled Transcendental Empiricism. Samantha Bankston is an Assistant Professor in Humanities at Sierra Nevada College, USA.
- Author(s)Anne Sauvagnargues
- PublisherContinuum Publishing Corporation
- Date of Publication15/08/2013
- Series TitleBloomsbury Studies in Continental Philosophy
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintContinuum Publishing Corporation
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight517 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Translated bySamantha Bankston,Robert King
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.