Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.52
- AU $3.75Trending at AU $7.39
- AU $27.04Trending at AU $31.94
- AU $70.90Trending at AU $79.81
- AU $20.50Trending at AU $24.14
- AU $22.60Trending at AU $23.09
- AU $17.07Trending at AU $23.44
About this product
- DescriptionIn the field of philosophy of language, is there life beyond Chomsky? Deleuze's deep distrust for, and fascination with language provide a positive answer - thing less than a brand new philosophy of language, where pragmatics replaces structural linguistics, and where the literary text and the concept of style have pride of place. This should be good news t only for philosophers, but for linguistics and literary critics as well.
- Author BiographyJEAN-LACQUES LECERCLE is Professor of English at the Universities of Cardiff and Nanterre where he teaches literature, linguistics and the philosophy of language. He is the author of The Violence of Language, Philosophy of Nonsense and Interpretation as Pragmatics.
- Author(s)Jean-Jacques Lecercle
- PublisherPalgrave USA
- Date of Publication07/10/2002
- Series TitleLanguage, Discourse, Society
- Place of PublicationGordonsville
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPalgrave Macmillan
- Content Notebiography
- Weight516 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.