Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.33Trending at AU $49.44
- AU $77.99Trending at AU $116.29
- AU $70.29Trending at AU $77.15
- AU $73.79Trending at AU $76.54
- AU $35.45Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.56
- AU $40.75Trending at AU $42.35
About this product
- DescriptionThis volume brings together some of the leading voices in the field of Deleuze studies to explore - and practice - a variety of approaches to the schizoanalysis of religion. The authors share an enthusiasm for applying Deleuze and Guattari's schizoanalytic project to religion, but they display significantly different ways of carrying out its creative and destructive tasks. As a whole, the book addresses the relevance of Deleuze for contemporary developments in political theology, liberation theology, Christian doctrine, and the recent growth of interest in spirituality and atheism. Opening up new lines of flight for Deleuze studies, Deleuze and the Schizoanalysis of Religion makes rhizomic connections that will be of interest to scholars in other fields including theology, psychology of religion, philosophy of religion and the history and practice of Western esotericism.
- Author BiographyLindsay Powell-Jones recently completed her PhD in the School of Modern Languages, Cardiff University. Her thesis was on Gilles Deleuze and the films of Andrei Tarkovsky. F. LeRon Shults is professor of theology and philosophy at the Institute for Religion, Philosophy and History, University of Agder, in Kristiansand, Norway, and senior research fellow at the Institute for the Bio-Cultural Study of Religion in Boston, USA. He is the author of over a dozen books and 70 academic articles.
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication22/09/2016
- SubjectReligious Studies: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleSchizoanalytic Applications
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBloomsbury Academic
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight468 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Edited byF. LeRon Shults,Lindsay Powell-Jones
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.