All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionPeople with diabetes can live longer, healthier lives by changing the way they eat. It's surprisingly easy with Doctor Chef Rani Polak s groundbreaking cookbook. From Roast Sirloin with Mediterranean Mushroom Sauce to Fresh Melon Salad with Plum Granita and Mint, these recipes will please the whole family. Smart cooking techniques, advice on using spice, food suggestions for diabetic kids, and even tasty pastas and yummy desserts are included. It also covers the lowdown on carb counting an important new way to manage blood glucose levels by watching the number of grams of carbohydrates in your diet, being careful about portion size, and balancing carbs with protein and fat. Stunningly illustrated in classic cookbook style, this is the one cookbook you'll want if you have a diabetic in the family. From the Hardcover edition.
- Author BiographyRani Polak, M.D., is the founder and director of the Center for Healthy Cooking at Hadassah University Hospital in Jerusalem. A Le Cordon Bleu-educated chef, Dr. Polak received the 2005 Hebrew University Kaye Innovation Award for the healthy cooking workshops he designed for people with special dietary needs. He is a member of the Board of Directors of the Israeli Forum for the Prevention of Cardiovascular Disease, has worked with the Israel Institute for Integrated Medicine, and is currently a lecturer at both the Hebrew University's School of Nutritional Sciences and the School of Culinary Arts, Hadassah College. From the Hardcover edition.
- Author(s)Rani Polak
- PublisherCharlesbridge Publishing,U.S.
- Date of Publication15/07/2011
- SubjectHealth, Dieting & Wholefood Cookery
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintImagine Publishing, Inc
- Out-of-print date23/11/2015
- Content NoteFull Colour Photographs
- Weight839 g
- Width191 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine21 mm
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $115.99Trending at AU $139.68
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $73.00
- AU $68.62Trending at AU $90.31
- AU $32.92Trending at AU $34.88
- AU $37.74Trending at AU $39.42
- AU $17.48Trending at AU $19.81
- AU $16.96Trending at AU $22.15
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.