All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.09
- AU $166.95Trending at AU $170.17
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $117.55
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $108.59
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.99
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $52.38
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.54
About this product
- DescriptionWith devolution and the establishment of the National Assembly, Wales has gained its first ever democratically elected and accountable government. This represents t only a turning point in the history of Wales, but also a fascinating development in the constitutional and legal history of the United Kingdom. In Delineating Wales, Richard Rawlings critically evaluates the legal and constitutional aspects of devolution. Drawing on interviews with those responsible for creating and maintaining the devolutionary scheme, he considers the internal architecture and operation of the National Assembly, the distinctive law-making procedures in Wales and discusses Wales's relationship with both Britain and the European Union. In addition to being the first book to examine the constitutional and legal aspects of Welsh devolution in detail, Delineating Wales also offers a detailed critique of the existing position and suggests proposals for reform. It will be an essential text for anyone interested in contemporary constitutional and political developments in relation to the Welsh model of devolution.
- Author BiographyRichard Rawlings is Professor of Law at the London School of Economics.
- Author(s)Richard Rawlings
- PublisherUniversity of Wales Press
- Date of Publication26/11/2003
- SubjectGovernment & Constitution
- Series TitlePolitics & Society in Wales
- Place of PublicationWales
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintUniversity of Wales Press
- Weight1129 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine29 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.