Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $75.23
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.11
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $71.05
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $103.87
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.29
- AU $57.95Trending at AU $58.89
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $113.02
About this product
- DescriptionGrowth in the incidence of dementia presents major challenges to global healthcare systems. As the burden of dementia in n-Western cultures grows, developing nations are expected to overtake developed nations in terms of dementia prevalence. Insights from developing nations and transcultural considerations are, nevertheless, neglected in the published literature. Dementia: A Global Approach fills this gap by integrating contemporary cross-cultural kwledge about dementia. Each section reviews the literature from the published, predominantly Western, perspective, contrasting it with empirical kwledge from n-Western cultures. Covering major clinical, epidemiological and scientific areas of interest, detailed consideration is also given to care-giving models across the world and management of patients who have migrated between regions. Enriched with personal insights from clinical experts across the globe, this is a key text for neurologists, geriatricians, psychiatrists, psychologists, epidemiologists and all those responsible for managing provisions of dementia services.
- Author BiographyEnnapadam S. Krishnamoorthy is Director and T. S. Srinivasan Chair, The Institute of Neurological Sciences, VHS Hospital, Chennai, India. Martin J. Prince is Professor of Epidemiological Psychiatry at the Institute of Psychiatry, London, UK. Jeffrey L. Cummings is Augustus Rose Professor of Neurology, Professor of Psychiatry and Biobehavioral Sciences, Director of the UCLA Alzheimer's Disease Center and Director of the Deane F. Johnson Center for Neurotherapeutics, David Geffen School of Medicine, UCLA, Los Angeles, California, USA.
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication07/10/2010
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note13 b/w illus. 20 tables
- Weight540 g
- Width174 mm
- Height247 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Edited byEnnapadam Krishnamoorthy,Jeffrey L. Cummings,Martin J. Prince
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.