All listings for this product
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.90Trending at AU $23.01
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $75.38
- AU $31.43Trending at AU $36.70
- AU $30.95Trending at AU $34.07
- AU $26.99Trending at AU $29.48
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $48.07
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $37.48
About this product
- DescriptionThe promotion of security is longer a state mopoly. It is dispersed and takes place through the practices of states, corporations, n-governmental actors and community-based organizations. But what do we kw about the ways in which 'security' is thought about and promoted in this pluralized field of delivery? Are democratic values being advanced and protected, or threatened and compromised? Wood and Dupont bring together a team of rewned scholars to shed light on our understanding of the arrangements for contemporary security governance. Offering a 'friendly dialogue' between those who argue that democratic transformation rests in the development of strong state institutions and those who propose a more de-centered agenda, the scholars in this volume bring cutting-edge theoretical analyses to bear on empirical examples. This volume will appeal to researchers in the fields of crimilogy, political science, sociology and security studies.
- Author BiographyJennifer Wood is a Research Fellow at Security 21: International Centre for Security and Justice within the Regulatory Institutions Network, Australian National University. She also functions as the Canadian Coordinator of the Project for Safe and Just Communities in Argentina. Benoit Dupont is Assistant Professor of Criminology at the Universite de Montreal, Quebec. He is the author of Construction et Reforme d'une Police: Le Cas Australien (2003) and co-editor, with Mike Enders, of Policing the Lucky Country (2001).
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication23/02/2006
- SubjectSocial Issues, Services & Welfare
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note1 table
- Weight620 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Edited byBenoit Dupont,Jennifer Wood
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.