All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $41.94Trending at AU $81.96
- AU $65.90Trending at AU $72.30
- AU $64.90Trending at AU $71.29
- AU $93.88Trending at AU $107.11
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $104.15
- AU $55.80Trending at AU $56.97
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $113.32
About this product
- DescriptionThis book provides an introduction to democratic theory and empirical research on democracy and democratization. The book first examines conceptions of democracy from the origins in ancient Greece to the present day, then tracks when and where modern democracy has developed. On this basis, the book reviews the major debates and schools of thought dealing with domestic and international causes and consequences of democratization. Based on a systematic distinction between minimalist and maximalist definitions of democracy, the book provides a comprehensive and critical assessment of existing theories. Furthermore, using a comparative, historical perspective, it t only sketches the development in the conceptions of democracy and the corresponding empirical reality but also discusses whether causal relationships differ across periods. Finally, the book documents the way in which all of this has been reflected by the development within the literature. In doing so, the book offers a coherent framework, which students and scholars can use to grasp the literature on democracy and democratization as a whole. Democracy and Democratization in Comparative Perspective will be of interest to students of political science, democracy and democratization, comparative politics, political theory, and international relations.
- Author BiographyJorgen Moller is Associate Professor in the Department of Political Science at Aarhus University, Denmark. Svend-Erik Skaaning is Associate Professor in the Department of Political Science at Aarhus University, Denmark.
- Author(s)Jorgen Moller,Svend-Erik Skaaning
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication12/12/2013
- SubjectGovernment & Constitution
- Series TitleDemocratization Studies
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note14 black & white illustrations, 11 black & white tables, 14 black & white line drawings
- Weight362 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine32 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.