All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $90.88Trending at AU $93.26
- AU $28.71Trending at AU $30.90
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $79.02
- AU $34.29Trending at AU $38.77
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.42
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $22.22
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.31
About this product
- DescriptionDemocracy and its Elected Enemies reveals that American politicians have usurped their constitutional authority, substituting their ecomic and political sovereignty for the people's. This has been accomplished by creating an ermous public service sector operating in the material interest of politicians themselves and of their big business and big social advocacy confederates to the detriment of workers, the middle class and the n-political rich, jeopardizing the nation's security in the process. Steven Rosefielde and Daniel Quinn Mills contend that this usurpation is the source of America's ecomic decline and fading international power, and provide an action plan for restoring 'true' democracy in which politicians only provide the services people vote for within the civil and property rights protections set forth in the constitution.
- Author BiographySteven Rosefielde is a Professor of Economics at the University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill. His most recent books include Russia in the 21st Century: The Prodigal Superpower (Cambridge University Press, 2005), Masters of Illusion: American Leadership in the Media Age (with Daniel Quinn Mills, Cambridge University Press, 2007), Russia Since 1980 (with Stefan Hedlund, Cambridge University Press, 2009), Red Holocaust (2010), Two Asias (edited with Masaaki Kuboniwa and Satoshi Mizobata, 2012), Prevention and Crisis Management (edited with Masaaki Kuboniwa and Satoshi Mizobata, 2012), and Asian Economic Systems. He holds a Ph.D. in economics from Harvard University. Daniel Quinn Mills is an Emeritus Professor of Business Administration at Harvard University. His most recent books are The Leader's Guide to Past and Future: The History of the World (2013), The Financial Crisis of 2008-10 (2010), and Rising Nations (2009, with Steven Rosefielde). He also wrote Masters of Illusion: American Leadership in the Media Age (with Steven Rosefielde, Cambridge University Press, 2007). He holds a Ph.D. in economics from Harvard University.
- Author(s)Daniel Quinn Mills,Steven Rosefielde
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication30/09/2013
- SubjectEconomics: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note1 b/w illus.
- Weight430 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine17 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.