All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.38Trending at AU $49.05
- AU $74.43Trending at AU $75.94
- AU $22.11Trending at AU $22.83
- AU $35.53Trending at AU $38.73
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.24
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.87
- AU $37.61Trending at AU $38.49
About this product
- DescriptionDemocracy in California: Politics and Government in the Golden State is a readable and thought-provoking textbook, which clearly explains the politics and character of California's governmental institutions and the dynamics affecting the lives of Californians. In addition to thorough coverage of California's constitution and development, this book also examines each branch of government as well as local systems. As Janiskee and Masugi explore the nature of public opinion, parties, and campaigns, they show the effects that the state's diverse population has on all levels of politics and government. The fourth edition is updated throughout and includes analysis of the 2012 and 2014 elections and discussion of recent events such as *immigration reform, *Jerry Brown's second term, *the new primary election system, *revised term limits, *and the revision of the three strikes law. New case studies in each chapter bring ideas to life and challenge students to become active participants in California politics. Perfect for courses in American government and state and local politics, Democracy in California is a succinct guide to the governmental intricacies of our nation's most populous state.
- Author BiographyBrian P. Janiskee received his Ph.D. from Michigan State University and is professor and chair of the Department of Political Science at California State University, San Bernardino, where he is also a faculty member in the national security studies program. He has published several articles and books on such topics as special districts, crime policy, presidential elections, American colonial local government, and national security. Ken Masugi received his Ph.D. from the New School for Social Research and teaches for Johns Hopkins University's Center for Advanced Studies in American Government in Washington, DC. He is editor of Interpreting Tocqueville's Democracy in America (described in the American Political Science Review as representing a revolution in Tocqueville scholarship ) and coeditor of four other books on modern and American political thought. A Senior Fellow of the Claremont Institute, Masugi is currently completing a monograph on Democracy in America.
- Author(s)Brian P. Janiskee,Ken Masugi
- PublisherRowman & Littlefield
- Date of Publication01/07/2015
- SubjectPolitics & Government: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationLanham, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRowman & Littlefield Publishers
- Content Note7 tables
- Weight240 g
- Width154 mm
- Height226 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Edition Statement4th Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.