All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.33Trending at AU $49.44
- AU $77.99Trending at AU $116.29
- AU $70.24Trending at AU $77.15
- AU $73.79Trending at AU $76.54
- AU $35.45Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.56
- AU $40.75Trending at AU $42.35
About this product
- DescriptionThe table contributors to Democratization and Identity introduce the experiences of East and Southeast Asia into the study of democratization in ethnically (including religiously) diverse societies. This collection suggests that the risk of ethnicized conflict, exclusion, or hierarchy during democratization depends in large part on the nature of the ethnic identities and relations constituted during authoritarian rule. This volume's theoretical breakthroughs and its country case studies shed light on the prospects for ethnically inclusive and n-hierarchical democratization across East and Southeast Asia and beyond.
- Author BiographySusan J. Henders is assistant professor of political science at York University (Canada) and a member of the York Centre for Asian Research.
- PublisherLexington Books
- Date of Publication05/12/2006
- SubjectGovernment & Constitution
- Series TitleGlobal Encounters: Studies in Comparative Political Theory
- Place of PublicationLanham, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintLexington Books
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight422 g
- Width155 mm
- Height231 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Edited bySusan J. Henders
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.