All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $3.76Trending at AU $7.39
- AU $27.81Trending at AU $30.93
- AU $19.24Trending at AU $26.96
- AU $28.03Trending at AU $32.03
- AU $71.17Trending at AU $80.06
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $15.78
- AU $25.16Trending at AU $27.13
About this product
- DescriptionHigher education systems around the world are undergoing fundamental change and reform due to external pressures-including internationalization of higher education, increased international competition for students, less reliance on public funding, and calls to create greater access opportunities for citizens. How are higher education systems evolving structurally as a result of these and other pressures? In light of these changes, how can higher education be a positive force for democratizing societies? This book examines the emerging trends taking place in higher education systems around the world, focusing on the most salient political and social forces that underlie these trends. Each chapter provides a case study of a country, exploring its cultural and political history, the political and social developments that have affected its higher education system, and the result of these changes on the higher education system. In a fast-changing, kwledge-intensive, democratic society, Democratizing Higher Education explores how higher education systems can be developed to provide access, affordability, participation, and quality life-long learning for all.
- Author BiographyPatrick Blessinger is the founder and Executive Director of the International Higher Education Teaching and Learning Association (HETL) and a lecturer, author, and researcher in education. John P. Anchan is Professor and Associate Dean of the Faculty of Education at the University of Winnipeg, Canada. He is President of the International Higher Education Teaching and Learning Association (HETL).
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication26/03/2015
- SubjectAdult & Further Education
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note4 black & white tables
- Weight476 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edited byJohn P. Anchan,Patrick Blessinger
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.