All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.93
- AU $15.52Trending at AU $23.29
- AU $30.82Trending at AU $34.85
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $15.71
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.26
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $99.52
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $32.01
About this product
- DescriptionThis is Lucy la Zouche's first work of faction - a mix of fact and fiction. It covers one of the most fundamental periods of change in English History.This was thing short of dynastic change where Edward the Confessor, the last King from the House of Wessex, was succeeded initially by Harold Godwinson and then by William of Normandy both of whom had absolutely legitimate claim to the throne of England except force of arms.The book is written in the form of a narrative by a Norman who really existed, Robert of the Dene or Robert de Dene. He is recorded as being, for a time, Pincerna or Cup Bearer to King Edward the Confessor. For most of his adult life he lived at what is w Buckhurst Park at Withyham in Sussex. He and his brother and their descendants became some of the most significant landowners in Kent, Surrey, Sussex and Essex. Robert's descendants, the Denne family, left their mark as there are still three geographic locations in England called Denne Hill.
- Author(s)Lucy la Zouche
- Date of Publication14/08/2015
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight251 g
- Width148 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine11 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.