Save on Textbooks
- AU $39.95Trending at AU $54.70
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $71.60
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.63
- AU $18.90Trending at AU $23.23
- AU $26.38Trending at AU $38.31
- AU $53.34Trending at AU $56.23
- AU $28.48Trending at AU $29.68
About this product
- DescriptionWritten by internationally acclaimed authors, this textbook contains everything you need to kw about this versatile class of compounds. Starting with a historical overview, definitions and other fundamentals, it goes on to look at characterization, analysis and properties of dendrimers. While the focus is on synthesis and applications, it also contains chapters on analytics and other applications. Essential reading for organic and polymer chemists, undergraduate and graduate students, students and lecturers in chemistry.
- Author BiographyBorn in Ehingen, Germany, in 1939, Fritz Vogtle studied chemistry in Freiburg as well as chemistry and medicine in Heidelberg, where he received his PhD under Professor Hein A. Staab in 1965 on the valence isomerization of double Schiff bases. After gaining his lecturing qualification he was a professor in Wurzburg from 1969 to 1975, before accepting a position as full professor and director of the Kekule-Institut for Organische Chemie und Biochemie in Bonn. He was awarded a literature prize by the Fonds der Chemischen Industrie, the LIse Meitner-Alexander von Humboldt Award, the Izatt-Bradshaw-Christensen Award for Macrocyclic Chemistry and the Adolf von Baeyer medal of the German Chemical Society, as well as an honorary doctorate from the University of Jyvaskyla, Finland. He has authored or co-authored several books and numerous scientific papers. Professor Vogtle's research interests include supramolecular and nano chemistry, dendrimers, cyclophanes, low molecular weight gelators and intertwined molecular architectures. Gabriele Richardt studied chemistry at Bonn, where she was awarded her PhD under Professor H. Wamhoff in the field of nucleosides. In 2002 she began working in Professor Vogtle's group, before transferring to the polymer group headed by Professor S. Hoger in 2007. Nicole Werner studied chemistry and biology at Bonn, receiving her PhD in 2004 under Professor F. Vogtle for her work in the dendrimer field. She has been teaching chemistry and physics at German grammar schools since 2006.
- Author(s)F. Vogtle,Gabriele Richardt,Nicole Werner
- PublisherWiley-VCH Verlag GmbH
- Date of Publication18/02/2009
- SubjectScience & Mathematics: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationWeinheim
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintWiley-VCH Verlag GmbH
- Content NoteIllustrations (chiefly col.)
- Weight694 g
- Width172 mm
- Height240 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Translated byAnthony J. Rackstraw
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.