All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn this comprehensive book, the author charts the development and production of one of the most famous fire engine manufacturers in the world. After an introduction that outlines the early days of Dennis in Guildford, manufacturing bicycles and cars, the author describes the initial fire-engine design in 1908 that was to establish Dennis as a fire-engine maker and the principal supplier to the London fire brigade. Technical developments were accompanied by export success to Commonwealth countries where the name Dennis became synymous with fire engines. After supplying fire-fighting trailer pumps that were used in the Blitz, Dennis production continued to be invative and varied in the post-war years, and the author explains the development of both the small town and country fire engines as well as larger engines which were the mainstay of city fire brigades. The author brings the story right up to date with the development of both the Dennis Rapier and Dennis Sabre. The Rapier was considered the ultimate fire engine and both models enjoyed export success until the company ceased independent production in 2007.
- Author BiographyBarry Hutchinson is an expert on Dennis fire engines and owns his private collection of Dennis engines.
- Author(s)Barry Hutchinson
- PublisherAmberley Publishing
- Date of Publication15/10/2015
- SubjectRoad & Motor Vehicles: General Interest
- Place of PublicationChalford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAmberley Publishing
- Content Note180
- Weight295 g
- Width165 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine10 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.57
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.97
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.24
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $91.09
- AU $46.35Trending at AU $48.13
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.05
- AU $20.00Trending at AU $28.33
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.